Site Inactive

Membership

Who's Online

Site Contributions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Last March Forum Index -> Rules and Regulations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Akallabethalion
Leader
Lieutenant

Lieutenant

re: 111 Rules (In Honor of Bilbo Baggins)

These Rules and Regulations have been decided by the wisest of the wise at the regular Hobbit Convention for Eating, Drinking, and the Deciding of Difficult Rules meeting held at the Bird and Baby Inn. Please review them, internalize them, and abide by them, as they will likely mold you into an exceptionally hungry, yet light-hearted individual.

Three Rules for the Elven-kings Under the Sky

1. The Last March is first and foremost a kin that relies on maintaining a healthy, social atmosphere. If this can be realized, other things, like raiding, roleplaying, and eating of pies can be done with great success. Work toward this goal.

2. If TLM is secondly anything, it is about raiding. Make an effort to gear yourself out and show up for raids, and use those raids to gear out our kin and raiders. While some choose to stop showing up at raids when they get what they need, helping others will ensure that you and your kin will be able to get into new content quickly, and hopefully, beat it just as quickly.

3. Don't take the game too seriously. When people start treating LotRO like a job, it gets boring. Show up, have fun, get to know your kin, and relax. We're all here to have fun, except Delwar. He's here to be miserable.

Seven Rules for the Dwarf-Lords in Their Halls of Stone

4. Dwarves are greedy, but we should not be. Loot will always be rolled for. There are no rules concerning loot, except that currently Bright Emblems of Nimrodel can only be won in a maximum of two per chest. On occasion, the raid leader might ask for an exception to the roll/pass rule. This can absolutely be disagreed upon, and should be expressed so as to avoid hard feelings. (An example might be giving a Watcher coin to someone who has lost ten times in a row and has zero Watcher gear)

5. You can only roll on the toon you have in the instance. If you would like to roll for another toon, please let the group leader know in advance, and they will tell you if this is possible. You cannot roll for two toons for one chest (i.e. rolling on a Champ's Axe when you're on a burg AND rolling for BOA items like Watcher coins and runes).

6. You cannot roll in a raid for a toon you have not signed up on. If you have signed up, that toon must be Watcher ready like any other toon you might be asked to take. If the toon you would like to take is 100% Watcher ready (6/6 radiance, good gear, traits maxed or near max) then you can switch to roll if you want nothing on the toon you end up taking. You will not be able to roll for the items the class you did the raid with can use. This is for two reasons: we are using the Watcher to gear up for DN and future raids, not help someone skip the basic instance grinding that you need to do for alts. Second, we want to gear up a full raid, not just one person's seven different toons.

7. This is more of a request than a rule, but please don't switch toons if another raid you could be present for later in the week could use your toon. You can still win First Ages, and your raid has likely helped you get your pieces, so help them too. If you can't make it, don't worry about it. Also, if you have an available toon, please switch to it if the raid needs it. Every available effort will be made to take the toon you would like, and take the same toon consistently, but it can't be promised.

8. DO NOT ROLL on items that are clearly for a different class. Champions should not be using the Treasury Stone. It does not matter if you think Fate/Will is a viable build for Champion, the game disagrees with you, and so does everyone else. If someone will use an item for their primary build, and you would like it for a role you very occasionally fill, please be considerate and pass. This will ensure your raid is well-geared, not just one toon with every teal item in the game. The same goes for Watcher coins. If you tie or win a roll, and the second place roll only needs one piece, and you need two, please pick the one they already have. If you can in any way be accommodating to your fellow raiders, it will be appreciated.

9. Show up with everything you might need. This includes scrolls, tokens, crit food, pots, etc. Relying on other raiders to pop for you gets old really quickly.

10. Show guest raiders the same respect you would our regular raiders. If they win, congratulate them. They are helping us gear up our raid and have fun as a kin, so they deserve what their rolls win them.

Nine Rules for Mortal Men Doomed to Die

11. Nazgul are clearly douches. Don't be like them (unless this game introduces flying mounts.)

12. Keep kin chat friendly for all who are in it. The same goes for the TLM chat channel. There are no specific rules, but a good general guideline is that if you would not send it in a private tell to everyone in kin at the time, you should probably send it in a tell to those you would. This includes profanity, sexist remarks, crude humor, bragging, and unwelcome criticism. It's understandable you might make a remark that is taken the wrong way or you did not know was offensive. Please don't be defensive if called out on it.

13. Keep PvMP rivalry to a minimum. I know you all pwn Furyk every day, but leaving what happens in the 'Moors out in the 'Moors will be best for everyone.

14. Don't sell items you win in raids if someone else could've used them.

15. Sign up early for raids, and show up if you've signed up. Let me know if you can't make it ahead of time, if possible.

16. Only people with the last name Norris can make Chuck Norris jokes.

17. If you drop kin without telling anyone or discussing it with me, you will not be able to get back in easily, if at all. This includes alts that you leave in kin.

18. Vent is used for kin first and foremost. Feel free to use it for your fellowships, and the occasional raid, but if people are using it to sit around and chat who are not in kin, the password will be changed. The same goes for the TLM chat channel.

19. Keep OOC fighting to a minimum. Everyone likes trolls, just not in kin.

One Rule for the Dark Lord on His Dark Throne

20. If only Sauron followed this rule. NO DRAMA. There is no reason there should ever be drama. Disagreements can be handled rationally, kinmates should be treated with respect, conflicts outside of kin should be handled privately, and every effort should be made to make the kin fun, 100% of the time. If you can't follow this rule, you will be warned, then severely reprimanded, then the free ninjas that we got with Ventrilo will be sent to dispatch you. If the ninjas are not available, you'll have to find another kin to cause drama in.

A Long Expected Party

21. Even though Bilbo thought his disappearing act was clever, most of the Shire didn't appreciate the joke. As of right now, everyone single person in kin has signed on within the last two weeks. If you take an extended leave, try and let us know here on the forums. You won't be removed from kin, as I believe that is far too dramatic, but the aforementioned ninjas will be sent to discover your fate if an overly long absence makes me worry.

22. Roleplaying is imperative. Please stock your toons with fireworks, pipeweed, festival tricks, and the like to prove that TLM is the best RP kin in the game!

Last edited by Akallabethalion on 2010/01/27 13:57; edited 1 time in total

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Please place your thoughts and ideas for rules in this thread. It will shortly be cleaned up and stickied, but for now, let's get some discussion going.

Footman

This all looks good to me. I will let you know of any rules we should add as I think of them, being sure to convey them to you in old entish so that the compiling of this list takes exactly as long as the rest of our lives.

Alliance Raider
Sergeant of the Guard

Sergeant of the Guard

Rule 16?! Srsly? Chuck Norris jokes are just not funny Happy

Great job on the rules Happy They were fun to read.

What grace is given me, let it pass to him. Let him be spared. Save him ! ~Arwen
Aeglir
Officer
High Warden

High Warden

so your telling me i can't roll on the treasury stone on my champ and be pro like mikeythemauler? well that stinks.
Delwar Hammershield
Officer (Out of Kin Alt)
Sergeant of the Guard

Sergeant of the Guard

If i might be so bold to suggest the old adage for Rule #11 "Ahem *clears throat in a dignified manner and in a elegant dialect proclaims* I say sir..... DONT BE A DOUCHE BE A DUDE!"

And honestly I'm down with Rule 16 but i see youv'e failed to acknowledge the unlawful conduct of Dizzy Wallin jokes.

Forum Image
Ya know they say if ya shoot off his hat and remove his bandanna... there's only another hat underneath...

But in all due seriousness ill abide to raid sign up as much as i can i just want to let you guys know yes im fail and only have 1 character than that's Del, so hes stretched thin like butter on too much toast but i will certainly do what i can to make time for TLM raids *which are by far even though only one has passed already funner and more productive* and show up when i can even if that means i drop from 3 watcher groups in 1 day wink

Leader
Lieutenant

Lieutenant

I'm going to try and update this every day or so to get it til 111, as it is one of the great, as of yet unaccomplished goals I have set for myself in this game, along with finding the perfect dress and getting LF to join TLM.

Sergeant of the Guard

Sergeant of the Guard

Akallabethalion wrote:
I'm going to try and update this every day or so to get it til 111, as it is one of the great, as of yet unaccomplished goals I have set for myself in this game, along with finding the perfect dress and getting LF to join TLM.

Who in hells LF?.... Laurence Fishburne? I... I dont think Morpheus actually plays MMOs, I think he LIVES THEM!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Last March Forum Index -> Rules and Regulations All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: